The most powerful, high converting catalyst for growth is the human voice. Nothing turns a stranger into a paying customer faster than a personal recommendation from a friend, mentor or guru. Referral marketing laid the foundation for influencer marketing and we all know how lucrative that is.
80% of the paying customers of TMDP were referred to us by previous clients.
10% met someone from the TMDP team at the gym, a painting class, sailing competition or tech event.
The remaining 10% discovered us through a niche forum or social media platform.
So, how do you harness this power? We learn by mimicking the best. So scroll down to view a few very well done referral marketing programs and rinse / repeat the one that you think would work best with your brand.
Legal disclaimer: these are my personal referral links, at no cost to you, I may earn referral points or a financial reward if you click on one of the links below.
Some referral programs worth checking out to gather inspiration & possibly copy…
- EyeBuyDirect – click the link to get $10 off your first purchase
- Ibotta – $10 just for signing up
- American Express – get $$$ off your statement when you spend $1000 on your new AmEx cc in the first 3 months
- Stencil – click the link to create 10 social media images / month free
- Learn to Code in One Month – click the link to get 10% off
- Improve Presentation – click the link to get premium bundles for hella cheap
- Tapfiliate – click the link to get your first 14 days free
- NameCheap – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- Simplero – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- BlueHost – click the link to get a discount on your next 3 years of web hosting
- WordPress Themes – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- Printful – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- 99 designs – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- Moo biz cards – the discount tied to this link is always changing
- Agora Pulse – click the link to get 30-60 days free trial
- GoPinLeads – use coupon code ADIBRIGPL to get 10% off
- Envato – use this link to get one year of downloads for less than $300! (stock photos, videos, presentation templates, wordpress templates, wordpress themes, vectors & more).
Should you have a cap on the number of referrals a person can give?
In my opinion, no!
Capping the number of referrals someone can cash in on, deters powerhouse social media influencers and celebrities from promoting your brand. Ibotta has done an amazing job recognizing this, which is why they actually increase the amount of $$ you earn as the number of referrals you bring in increases (click here to get $10 when you get started with Ibotta).
EyeBuyDirect is the Forever21 of the sunglass world. Their glasses & sunglasses are hella cheap and super trendy. I buy two pairs per season, splurging on their blue filtered lenses to protect my eyes during the long hours spent working on computers. Their referral program gets you $10 and gives the friend that you referred, $10 (click here for $10 off your first purchase). They pay out in increments of $50, but you can only refer 45 friends!
American Express is another culprit only rewarding people for their first 7 referrals per year. Strangely, they also reward the newbie more than the person doing the referrin
g. Click this link to get $200 off your statement when you spend $1000 on your new AmEx credit card in the first 3 months (offer changes regularly so the $ back could be more or less at the time that you access their link).
Turn alumni into brand ambassadors?